COF Quick Notes–Giving Thanks Campaign
Over the past six years, Connection of Friends has provided weekly and Saturday Night Social programming for our participants with…
- the opportunity to socialize and make new friends
- volunteering in the community
- community service projects–Christmas in July Food Drive, Mitten Drive and Birthday in a Bag for The Humanitarian Service Project
- healthy activities – Dinner and Dancing, exercising, gardening and yoga
- topical series-history, animation, architecture and pop culture
- product creation – dog biscuits, candles and soap
- community engagement–community lunch, outings at The Morton Arboretum and projects at the Glen Ellyn Public Library
We put every dollar of your donation directly into programming.
Please consider making a donation beginning today–Giving Tuesday through the end of December by simply clicking the PayPal button. All donations are tax deductible and we will provide you with a tax donation letter. On behalf of our participants, THANK YOU!
Who We Are
Connection of Friends is a community-based program which provides a place for teens, age 16 and older, and adults with special needs to gather socially with an emphasis on life skill, volunteer and fitness activities on a daily basis and Saturday evenings. Our primary purpose is for participants to engage in meaningful ways within a supported environment.
Where We Are Located
Connection of Friends is located at Hope Presbyterian Church, 1771 S. Wiesbrook Road, Wheaton. (Connection of Friends is not affiliated with Hope Presbyterian Church).
What We Offer
COF operates Monday through Friday with varied options to choose from:
Participants sign-up for 13-week sessions and select the specific days and time options. Connection of Friends is only closed on traditional holidays. Please click on the Programming Tab for a full list of activities done during weekday and Saturday Night Social programming.
What’s Happening at Home?
At Connection of Friends, we know our participants do many amazing activities and celebrate wonderful accomplishments outside of our program! As we continue to work on socialization skills, we would love to hear about any current or future special events or occasions so we can encourage participants to share their experiences with their friends at COF.
If your participant has an upcoming event or special occasion, please fill out the following form and return it to Jamie Hager Lee at email@example.com.