Dinner and Dancing
Does your son or daughter love to cook? Are you looking to introduce new kinds of foods? Consider joining us every Monday for Dinner & Dancing with Friends!
Dinner & Dancing Focus
Dinner and Dancing focuses on a variety of skill sets which includes:
- The preparation and eating of an evening meal
- Working on life skills including setting the table, manners, table conversation and cleaning up.
Dinner and Dancing is an excellent opportunity for participants to improve kitchen skills as well as learn how to navigate a recipe with support provided by COF staff. Each participant is provided either a written or visual recipe of the meal being prepared and is assigned cooking jobs upon arrival. As dinner is cooking, other activities include product creation, group activities and art. The evening concludes with dancing and a recipe review completed and emailed home by each participant.
Dinner & Dancing Details
- Held every Monday from 3:00-6:00 pm
- Pre-determined menu
- Menu is listed on the registration form
- Flat fee—dinner and dessert included
- Small ratio—only 4 participants each Monday
Gluten-free or other dietary considerations not available.
- Lasagna Primavera
- Veggie Rice Bowl
- Pizza Casserole
- Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Chef Salad with Chicken
- Sloppy Joe’s
Tastee Cooking with Connection of Friends!
(Click to watch a cooking demonstration with COF Participants)